John MatulaShow Phone Number
230 Hilton Avenue Suite 15
Hempstead, NY 11550
Alt. Phone: 516-481-0700
John F. Matula, Private Investigator
John F. Matula, CFE is a Licensed and Bonded Private Investigator, licensed in the states of New York and New Jersey. His offices are located at 230 Hilton Avenue, Hempstead, NY 11550.
A native of Manhattan, he is a graduate of St. John’s University in Jamaica, New York with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Law. He has obtained advanced credits both at St. John’s University and Hofstra University, and has attended numerous seminars concerning investigations both as a student and as an instructor.
Mr. Matula started his investigative career at Safeco Insurance Company, whose home office is in Seattle, Washington. He moved from Field Investigator, to Supervisor to Division Claim Manager. He was instrumental in identifying a “Fraud Profile” for use by field investigators in order to identify possible fraudulent insurance claims, a forerunner of the current training in insurance SIU departments.
Mr. Matula joined the NYC Police Department and was assigned to the Tactical Patrol Unit, responsible for patrol in high crime areas of the city of New York. He assisted in developing community communication networks, so necessary in the reduction of crime.
John F. Matula began his own investigative practice in 1981 and has handled literally thousands of investigations on behalf of insurance companies, the legal profession, corporations, and the general public. He specializes in in-depth fraud related investigations, negligence, sexual harassment, white collar crime, background, asset, locate, and criminal defense investigations.
Notable Cases include:
· Mad Dog Sullivan murder investigation - Queens, NY
· Johnny Pious murder appeal case – Suffolk County, NY
· Theresa Fusco murder investigation – Suffolk County, NY
· Suffolk County Automobile Lease Controversy in which he was appointed by the court as Special District Attorney Investigator – Suffolk County, NY
Professional Memberships include:
· National Association of Legal Investigators
· Associated Licensed Detectives of NYS (Past President)
· International Association of Auto Theft Investigators
· National Council of Investigation and Security
· New Jersey Private Investigators Association
· California Association of Licensed Investigators- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
· Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (Long Island Chapter –Past President)
· Investigations & the use of the Internet
· The Private Investigator’s role in a Divorce Case, Mock Trial
· Private Investigations for the Law Practice – Pace University
John F. Matula, PI